Tuesday, June 2, 2009



Catching up and San Diego




It has been too long. I have been meaning to jump on to let everyone know how much you all mean to me and Noah. We owe the world to you, we are so thankful to have family and friends who care so much. I was inspired to see all the pictures of Jen circulating on facebook. It left me wondering how it ever was that I landed such a popular "Hottie". She is now my eternal Hottie. I think my brother in law (Todd) put it best. In his most serious high councilman face, he walked up to me at the viewing and pointed out that Jen had passed the test....he then paused and said, boy you sure better not mess this up. Right on Todd!!! I feel that was good advise and feel the responsibility to carry on with faith. We have such a rich heritage to turn to in order to deal with overcoming adversity. I happened to read a quote from President Kimball about two years ago, I loved it so much that I wrote it at that time in my scriptures and it has continued to help me address Jen's death with hope. He said: "If we say that early death is a calamity, disaster, or tragedy, would it not be saying that mortality is preferable to earlier entrance into the spirit world and to eventual salvation and exaltation? If mortality be the perfect state, then death would be a frustration, but the gospel teaches us there is no tragedy in death, but only in sin". Enough said, all I have to say to that is Amen. On a different note, Noah and I went with the in laws to San Diego. It was alot of fun, I hadn't been there for a couple of years. We stayed in Dean and Joanne's condo, it's ocean front property with a great view. Here are some pic's we took.









8 comments:

Jennie said...

Jen let me tag along with her and her parents on a trip to San Diego back in '99 (I think). It was the funnest, busiest vacation I have ever been on! We did it ALL in a few short days. Looks like you guys had fun, too.

Ike and Bethany said...

Hey Ryan, it's Ike's wife, Bethany. Thanks for re commenting because it would have driven me NUTS to not know who wrote that comment. I am so glad you guys had a great time in San Diego.

Alicia said...

That's a great post, Ryan. That quote is wonderful. Brandon and I have missed all of the family, and especially Jen. I really enjoyed all the times I had with her and am looking forward to sharing many more times with you both in the future. We are so excited for you and Noah and the Walters to visit in Sept.!!! Wahoo!!! Your mom and grandma are coming for the blessing and we will take lots of pictures to share. Great pics of San Diego.

Tiffany said...

Hugs to you and Noah, Ryan. You both were in my thoughts all day yesterday. What a fantastic quote-- what would we ever do without the gospel? Those pictures had me tearing up-- so many great memories there. Lots of love to you. Our prayers continue to be with you.
♥ Tiff & Bryson

Buchanan Fam said...

Looks like you had a fun time in San Diego. I'm so glad. Thanks for sharing the inspirational quote. We think of you often and hope you're doing ok. I still haven't mailed you my memories of Jen. I'm sorry. I will do that this next week.

Erin said...

Thanks for that post Ryan. Your example of faith has strengthened mine immensely as I've watched you faithfully endure this challenge. Jen's funeral was beautiful. It really helped me ponder a lot about life and what REALLY matters most.

I'm glad you boys had a good time in Wendover. Randy told me all about it...and I mean ALL about it. :) We need to get together again so Noah, Bryson, and Brock can play again. We'll have to plan something soon.

Please keep posting on here. It's good to know that you are doing well and it's a fun way to keep in touch. :)

Amy said...

I love your pictures! Noah is so big...and darn cute! We think about you guys all the time! I am so glad you had a good time on your trip!

love.boxes said...

I'm so glad that you and Noah are having some fun! We wish you all the best.